Reporting to the Director of HR, the HR Intern provides the best possible support by assisting with all aspects of Human Resources and helping to ensure that the department runs smoothly.
We value education and want to invite current students to work with us as they work towards their educational goals. Our main objective is to give students experience and real world issues organizations face each day. We believe in working with our interns on a work schedule that allows them to focus on school and homework. We also believe in paying our interns competitive wages. This position will allow our interns to gain insight to the workings of a business and the manufacturing process. This internship will expose the team member to all levels in the organization to assist in building a resume that will allow them to become competitive in the job market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with recruiting on our web based software
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Organize and file data
- Use of the HRIS or learn HRIS system for exposure to HR processing
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel
- Conduct or learn how to interview and interviewing techniques
- Assist with event coordination to promote the culture
- Learn and experience what HR Departments do
- Assist with regulatory compliance programs
- Assist where needed by the department
- Research and present findings to solve HR issues
- Have fun and learn!
This position requires strong attention to detail, ability to communicate to all levels within the organization, strong organizational and computer skills in MS Word, Excel.
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma. Working towards a 2 or 4 year degree in Human Resources or Business Management is required to participate in the intern program.