Join an Engineering and Production team like no other
Are you the type that can see the big picture and how plans lead to a goal?
Are you competitive and like to win?
Do you prefer a variety of work that includes independent, technical work and has interactions with others?
Do results matter to you?
Are you a deep thinker and realistic?
Do you gain confidence from being the person with the knowledge?
If this describes you, keep reading...
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Industrial Engineer plans and coordinates production-engineering processes, improves efficiency of operations, project manages relative to engineering, production and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may expand to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Plan and coordinate production engineering processes on daily basis to produce high quality products
- Develop process improvements that effectively utilize equipment and materials to maximize production
- Develop work instructions for production areas
- Develop operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives
- Identify unsafe operations and practices and report the same to management or a member of the safety committee
- Establish safety procedures and environmental regulations for team members
- Provide engineering support for production and maintenance activities to ensure maximum production
- Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime and outages
- Evaluate current production activities and make recommendations for improvements
- Implement cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities
- Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes
- Develop best practices to improve production capacity, quality and reliability
- Investigate problems, analyze root causes and derive resolutions
- Aid in budget preparation and monitor expenses and profitability
- Create and maintain the schedules of individuals or teams within an organization
- Create and report on key performance indicators for production
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.