Come join a team that is not like other Engineering departments. This team has personality! They strive to make products that wow the customers and they do! Wonderful atmosphere where you can be you and add your expertise while gaining insight from others.
You'll be detailing products and getting them ready to be released to our production team. You will be involved with some heads down, grind it out work and a variety of tasks involving interfacing with the production team with the release of your drawings and trouble shoot any fabrication concerns.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, this role takes the designs and details them for fabrication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and detail drawings utilizing SolidWorks 3D
- Produce Buildable models based on designed drawings
- Support Engineer Change Requests and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Utilize computer aided design techniques to perform applicable design work
- Make required calculations to determine and establish acceptable standards of performance, material selection, type of construction, etc
- Do all necessary investigations pertinent to the design and maintain reference criterion incidental to designing
- Analyze project as to manufacturing and material costs and develop designs that can be produced economically to maintain or improve the company's competitive position
- Act as technical resource for the team
- Develop working relationships with fabrication, welding, and assembly departments to address and resolve problems and to develop better cooperation for working together toward producing the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost
- Participate on cross -functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems, and ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must possess leadership competencies to exhibit confidence in self and others, can inspire and motivate others to perform well, and influences actions and opinions of others.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2 or 4 year degree preferred, and 1-3 years of engineering with sheet metal experience desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer specifications, general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, influence and respond to questions from managers, customers, and other team members of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
Team Member must have close vision and distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Team Member must be able to sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle and touch, reach above shoulders, talk and hear, and ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
Team Member is exposed to normal business office environment with moderate noise. Must be able to use the copier, fax machine, computer and related software, printer, telephone and voice mail. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.